Table of Contents
Chris Winterholler, DDS, DICOI, LVIF, FAGD Implant Dentist hails from the small town of Lovell, Wyoming, and mastered the art of working with his hands as a boy during long winters building intricate model trains. With a family of healthcare professionals and a dentist uncle to look up to, by the age of 8, Dr. Winterholler was certain he would enter the dental profession. As an accomplished dentist, he is inspired by a calling to offer his talents and skills to patients to improve their lives with healthy, beautiful smiles. Dr. Winterholler is proud to be a leading provider of dental implants in Central Arizona, with the only office in the area that offers on-site CT implant design and milling in our fully digital state of the art laboratory. Unlike corporate dental implant centers, Dr. Winterholler follows up on his patients’ dental care for years to come, ensuring that their smiles last a lifetime. The doctor travels all over the world to seek out the newest dental technology and training, and he is internationally recognized as an expert in the latest dental technology for precision-placed dental implants.
Dr. Winterholler is a Diplomate with the International College of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) and a Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry and Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies where he studied full mouth reconstruction, comprehensive aesthetic restorative dentistry, advanced anterior cosmetic dentistry, TMJ and neuromuscular jaw tracking, and scan interpretation.
In 1995, Dr. Winterholler graduated from Creighton University School of Dentistry in Omaha, Nebraska, as a Doctor of Dental Surgery, where he mastered all aspects of dental care without having to focus on just one specialty.
The doctor completed a Nobel Biocare Implant Residency in 1998.
Professional Associations :
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Academy of Computerized Dentistry
- Academy of General Dentistry, Fellow
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- International Academy of Comprehensive Aesthetics
- International College of Oral Implantologists, Diplomat
- International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics
Dr. Chris Winterholler and Dr. Patrice Winterholler are the proud parents of three children and one grandchild. Chris and Patrice met in dental school and have large extended dental families. Outside of his practice, Dr. Chris has many hobbies—he is an accomplished mechanic, cook, instrument rated private pilot, IT person, avid water and snow skier, and he even built his own house! He dedicates many hours to church service and charitable organizations including Give Back a Smile and the Boy Scouts of America as a dental advocate and educator. He likes to travel and be in the great outdoors.
- Creighton University School of Dentistry, Department of Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics 1995-1996
- Dentistry by Design, San Diego, California. Faculty Member for CEREC 3D CAD-CAM Dentistry 2002-2004
- Compendium, 2002—Full Mouth Restoration using CEREC
- Practical Periodontics and Aesthetic Dentistry, 2004—Immediate Loading of Implant Dentistry with CEREC Anterior Restorations
Professional Speaking Engagements
- DaniDental Studio—All-on-4 Dental Implant Treatment. Dr. Winterholler was the featured clinician speaker on utilizing the All-on-4 treatment concept for full-arch restorations.
- American Academy of Computerized Dentistry 2008—Immediate Loading of Dental Implants with CEREC 3D
- CEREC Masters, San Mateo California—Advanced CEREC training 2005, 2006
- California Dental Association Spring 2004—Introduction to CEREC 3D
- CEREC ADVANCED Training for locations throughout the United States and Canada 2001-2008.
- Dental Implants and CEREC 3D, A perfect Marriage, 20th Anniversary of CEREC Dentistry, Las Vegas, NV October 2006
- Lifecore Biomedical—Implants for the General Dentist Chris Winterholler DDS June 2005
- Nobel Biocare—Lectured for Nobel Biocare on the integration of Replace Select Implants into a General Dental Practice. Procera Abutments and use with CEREC 3D. June 2005
Dental Implants :
For patients with broken, missing, or failing teeth, dental implants are a long-lasting, cost-effective, and fully functional tooth replacement with gorgeous, lifelike results. A single dental implant has three parts: a titanium post that is surgically inserted into the jaw bone, an abutment piece that is used to connect the implant to a custom-made crown, and the crown itself, which is designed to match your existing teeth perfectly. A completed dental implant will restore your smile for many years—and they are incredibly versatile as they can be used to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or as part of the W-4 Implant Solution® to replace one or two arches of a patient’s teeth in a single procedure. If properly cared for, the natural appearance and function of an implant can last for many years!
Dr. Winterholler is highly trained to beautifully restore teeth with dental implants in the comfort of our two Central Arizona practice locations. We are the only fully digital workflow office in Arizona to create your new smile. We design and create your new smile in our office and in house laboratory using top technology, ensuring our implant patients receive the highest quality of care and superior esthetic results. Because we have our own laboratory using top dental laboratory technicians, our implant patients can often receive their implants and their custom crowns in a single day.
We offer a full range of options, from standard dental implants to zygomatic implants that allow patients with advanced bone loss to receive successful dental implant treatment. During your consultation, we will be happy to discuss the best tooth replacement solution for your specific case as well as the IV anesthesia and sedation options available to you for your complete comfort. Our team uses Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) for 3D diagnostic images that ensure efficient procedures and optimal results with the lowest level of radiation possible.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Our dental implant patients enjoy the renewed ability to eat the foods they love and smile with confidence again, as well as improved oral health. Furthermore, while traditional dentures and bridges only last a few years before they need to be replaced, dental implants can last a lifetime with good oral care, and no healthy teeth are damaged to secure them in your mouth.
For more on the benefits of investing in dental implants to rejuvenate and restore your smile, listen to Patient Stories from some of our delighted patients.
Dental implants offer these benefits and more:
- A long-term solution. Since the implant post fuses with the jaw bone, dental implant patients enjoy a permanent and realistic tooth replacement. Most traditional methods, such as tooth-supported dental bridges, offer patients a solution for missing teeth for only a few years. With good oral hygiene, a dental implant will last for many years to come.
- Easy maintenance. Dental implants don’t require any specific or special care. You may clean your dental implants just as you would your natural teeth. It’s that simple.
- Most like healthy, natural teeth. Smile with confidence! Dental implants blend seamlessly with your smile because they look, feel, and function exactly like natural teeth—you may even forget that you have received a tooth restoration. Since dental implants are anchored into your mouth permanently, you will not have to worry that your replacement tooth or teeth will fall out or loosen during your everyday activities.
- Retain natural facial aesthetics. Dental implants are inserted into the jaw bone just like the roots of natural teeth, so patients can avoid the shrunken or sagging appearance that can happen over time when teeth are missing.
- Versatile. Dental implants can comfortably and realistically replace one or multiple missing teeth or even an entire arch of teeth in one or both arches with the W-4 Implant Solution.
We pride ourselves on the safety and quality of our work restoring the smiles of our patients with high-quality, custom dental implant treatment. Our dentists have years of experience delivering the best restorative options for our patient’s needs.